Our Services - Family Law

There are a number of matters to take into consideration if your relationship has ended or there are disputes about your children's care. As lawyers we see ourselves as part of a team in assisting you accessing the family justice system in a confidential and sensitive manner. A wide range of support is available at Godfreys Law depending on your needs.

Whether you want help to work out your own arrangements without going to court or you are not able to agree on matters and need the Family Court to make decisions, we are here to support you in settling your private matters.

We can help you resolve disputes between parents, guardians or other family/whanau members about how your children will be cared for particularly if your relationship has ended. We can also make sure you and your children are protected from domestic violence and receive child support payments.

Family Practice Areas

  • Parenting Orders – Parenting disputes, day-to-day care, contact, and private agreements
  • Domestic Violence – protections orders and Police Safety orders
  • Child Support – Enforcing child support payments, disputes and review of payments.
  • Dissolution of marriage – Dissolutions orders and applications
  • Court Representation – Family disputes in need of court intervention
  • Legal Aid – Applications and general legal aid services
  • Stopping children leaving New Zealand – Border alert and applications preventing removal of child from New Zealand
  • Getting your child back from overseas – Hague Convention applications and applications for child abducted under non-Hague Convention countries
  • Urgent matters – Applying for parenting orders Without Notice

If you wish to more information on the changes go to our Autumn Newsletter 2014 for an update on the changes to the Family Court system

Our Family Law specialists:

Philip Sewell